Alpaca Expeditions Terms & Conditions
NOTE: Terms 3-4 and 9 do not apply to the Salkantay Trek (only the official Inca Trail).
ALPACA EXPEDITIONS (AE) TERMS & CONDITIONS
FOR ADVENTURE TREKS TO MACHU PICCHU
1. You must advise AE of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You need to be in good physical health, and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 70 years old, then you will need to present us with a current good health medical certificate.
2. You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the services of the guide or tour, please advise the guide in that moment, so that he can resolve any problems.
3. You will be required to show the original passport (not a copy) that you booked with, at the checkpoint to enter the Inca Trail. If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your expired passport along with your new, valid passport to permit entry or they will refuse your entrance to the trail.
4. PERMITS: Permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and can not be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. Change of dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not AE (or any agency).
5. All Adventure Treks include transportation to Cusco. The return train route depends on train availability.
6. If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter wil be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are at the expense of the trekker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will assist you in meeting your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund of the original payment. However, we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
7. AE will take all reasonable care in providing to our clients avoidance of accident, illness, and loss of personal property, and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. AE cannot, however, be responsible for any action of third parties. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
8. AE does not take responsibility for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal ítems, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
9. In extreme cases when the “Inca Trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for safety reasons, AE will replace your trek with an alternative trek.