We're constantly on the look-out for outstanding instructors who have the following characteristics:
- Safety - A relevant qualification is important, but also the correct mind-set of risk aversion and triple-checking.
- Fantastic people skills - an ability to provide great customer service and keep clients happy. It's not quite the same as being charismatic - just an ability to listen and help clients achieve their goals, understand their fears/difficulties, encourage them and go above and beyond with customer service.
- A niche - be it creating video content for our social media, language skills, hard climbing - something to make you stand out and add some extra value for Skyhook customers.
- Language - fluency in English is required, and other languages (particularly Norwegian) are a bonus.
If this sounds like you, or you know someone who fits the bill, please get in touch! Current vacancies can be found below.
Job Spec: Senior Ice Climbing Instructor
Dates: 3 Jan 2018 – 15 Mar 2018
Salary: 81,500 NOK/£7,780 GBP (420,000 NOK/£40,000 GBP equivalent) + Bonus
Reporting to: Lars Petter (Head of Norway)
Deadline: 26 Oct 2017
- MIC, NF Isklatring, IFGMA or equivalent
- Experience of teaching both ice climbing and snow holing
- Fantastic customer service and client skills
- Strong attention to good safety practices
- Fluency in English – second languages are strongly preferable
- Basic social media skills
- Five days/week average including both instruction and ancillary work as follows.
- Teaching predominantly on four courses:
- Beginners ice climbing – two-day top roping courses with 12 participants and 2 instructors.
- Multi-pitch four-day ice climbing courses – 4 participants with one instructor on single pitch days and two instructors for multi-pitch days.
- Snow holing course – two-day course building snow shelters such as snow holes and igloos, with 12 participants and two instructors.
- Bespoke courses.
- Social media work – Facebook live Q&A sessions, recording ascents, working with social media influencers.
- Providing training and mentorship to junior members of staff.
- Inputting on continuous improvement of the courses, interaction with clients, safety and client retention.
Please apply by requesting contact details from our site contact form. You may then send your CV and cover letter to Alan Cooney (Skyhook Owner/Founder) by 26 Oct 2017.
The role may be awarded before this date if an exceptional candidate presents.